Along with the evolution of crowdfunding India, there are innumerable platforms that have evolved to offer the opportunity for creative artists to receive financial support for their art projects. With direct grants become more rare, we at Impact Guru encourage all new artists attempt creative ways to get funding. Crowdfunding is emerging as the most creative, accessible, practical, and realistic way to do so.
If you’re new to the world of crowdfunding India, this short and comprehensive guide should help you get started on your creative funding journey.
What is creative crowdfunding?
Creative crowdfunding is a popular online fundraising technique whereby artists pick a crowdfunding platform to create a campaign that details your intended art project, and the purpose for raising funds. You then use digital media to reach out to as many people as you can, from across the world, and request them to contribute towards your project, such that you create a pool of donations. All the money collected through your campaign is yours to use for your creative project.
Why you should opt for creative crowdfunding?
Here are some of the top reasons why crowdfunding is a must for every new artist:
- Launching a creative crowdfunding India campaign on Impact Guru is totally free.
- Receive easy funding for all aspects of your art project, without digging into your own savings.
- Crowdfunding is a risk free financial model.
- It can take less than 5 minutes to set up a campaign, making it the quickest way to raise money for your project.
- Build a community of financial supporters, as well as get a platform to collaborate with like-minded people.
- Great platform to showcase, promote, and advertise your work.
Getting started on your creative crowdfunding campaign?
Crowdfunding is a quick and easy way to raise money, but it is not effortless. The success of your campaign directly depends on the effort you put into it. But fret not, our customer support team at Impact Guru is here to guide you through every step of the way. In the meantime, here are some tips to get you started.
- Set a realistic fundraising target/ budget, based on the precise requirements for your art project. Be clear about your intentions, and fund utilization strategy.
- You campaign page will make or break your campaign. So ensure your campaign narrative is powerful and persuasive. Your campaign will also be enhanced by adding photos, videos, GIF, and other audio-visual material to attract attention.Use your campaign page to showcase your past work.
- Incentivise people through rewards that may include freebies, merchandise, or personalized gifts.
- Share your campaign extensively of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp, Google+, email, SMS, or any other digital platform you can think of. Get your family and friends to share it too.
- Be forthcoming and grateful to those who support your project – show your gratitude through personalized thank you notes, tokens of appreciation, of even a shoutout on social media.
We at hope these tips are helpful for all new artists out there looking for funding. If you’re one of them, start you creative crowdfunding campaign on Impact Guru today!