Meet James Harden!
A famous personality and a gentle sportsman with a jumbo height, James Edward Harden Jr. is an American professional basketball player. He plays for the Houston Rockets of the National Basketball Association (NBA). With jersey no-13 he holds shooting guard/point guard position in the game and why not, his 1.96 meters’ height supports this position very well. James Harden was born on Aug 26, 1989 in Los Angeles, California and is the youngest child of his parents.
Harden’s net worth, Life & Career history
Sports apparel giant, Adidas signed an endorsement agreement on Aug 3, 2015 which makes his worth $200 million. His extension of contract in 2017 with rockets for four years arranged a total 6-years of deal with $228 million. He is very well known for his trademark beard which he started growing in 2009 and has been a part of several songs and T-shirts till date.
Years back, during his college times, Harden played basketball for Arizona state. He was recognized as a consensus All-American and Pac-10 player of the year in 2009. Harden completed his high school from Artesia High School, California. Oklahoma City Thunder selected him as the 3rd overall pick in the 2009 NBA drift. Though it is very difficult to jot down every single achievement he made, given below are some of his well-known milestones, he achieved throughout his career:
• Harden was named NBA sixth man of the year with the thunder & helped his team to reach NBA finals
• He got recognized as one of the top players in the league & best shooting guard in the NBA
• Decorated with six times All-star nods, Harden has earned All-NBA team honors four times as well in 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2017
• He was voted as the most valuable player by his peers at the National Basketball players association’s first annual players awards
• Gold medalist in 2012 Summer Olympics & 2014 FIBA World Cup
• Harden joined Gilbert Arenas, Kobe Bryant and Jerry Stackhouse as the only four players in NBA history to record at least 600 free throws made and hit 150 or more 3-pointers in one season
• He became the first Rockets player ever to pick up Player of the Week honors in consecutive weeks in the same season
• In 2016, Harden became the first player in NBA history to finish with a 5015-15 stat line
Forbes magazine ranked him as the world’s 9th highest-paid Athlete in 2017 along with 45th celebrity in top 100 list. Though harden is away from any political influences/affiliations, he is one of the valuable clients for Landmark sports agency, a full-service sports management and marketing firm. The agency has total of 13 clients with its top agents like Diana Day and Rob Pelinka. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, California.