One of the most common questions that customers ask is-‘How can I keep my Moissanite ring clean and preserve its original brightness?’ Moissanite engagement rings need to be treated very gently because the stone is very delicate. Just like you take care of all the other valuable items of your house, in the same way, you need to take care of your ring. The experts recommend the users to clean the ring at least once in a month in order to preserve its shine and gloss. In this article, some of the amazing tips have been covered to help you to keep your rings shining with bravura brilliance.
- Use mild soapy solution– The experts suggest making use of warm water and a mild soap solution to clean your ring. This is one of the best and easiest ways to keep your ring clean. Take a bowl of warm water; now add a drop of dish soap to it. Do not make use of any harmful or harsh chemicals or detergents. Now place the ring inside the warm water solution and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. After this, take a soft brush to clean up the surfaces gently. Next, keep it under running warm water to wash away any residue. Dry up the ring completely and avoid using any towel or tissue to soak water. Just leave it under a fan and it will dry up on its own.
- Commercial cleaners– You will find a lot of commercial cleaners available in the market. These cleaners are meant for cleaning jewelries only. For moissanite engagement rings, choose a liquid cleaner that is mild and non-toxic. These cleaners have labels on their body where you will find proper instructions have been given. Read them carefully before you use it for cleaning.
- Make use of Ammonia– Though it might sound a bit awkward to use ammonia, but it is something that works wonders on your moissanite. This is a natural and non-toxic cleaner which enhances the shine and gloss of the rings. However, you need to take protection before working with it. Wear gloves and goggles while working. The ratio of ammonia to water should be 1:2. The method is same like the first one that is mentioned above. Soak the ring in the solution and leave it for 20 minutes. Use a soft brush for cleaning it thoroughly followed by air drying.
Which things you should avoid to keep your moissanite safe?
There are various things which you avoid for maintaining your moissanite jewelries.
- Harsh and abrasive chemicals– Harsh chemicals like chlorine, detergent, hair spray, remover, and cosmetics should be strictly avoided. These products do not damage your ring but it is responsible for discoloration of the stone.
- Do not store moissanite with rest of the jewelries– Make use of a fiber lined case or a separate container to store your moissanite. This is because moissanite is very hard and it can leave scratches on the other softer metals.
Moissanite is a hard stone but it does not mean that it will never get damaged. Any sort of mishandling or rough exposure could damage it. So it is advisable to avoid wearing it while doing household chores or other sports activity.